Good flavor...a little dry, but that might have been chef's error! Will try again, maybe lowering the baking time.
Chicken and Goat Cheese Pizza With Fresh Herbs
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 55g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 428mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1/2 cup (1/2-inch-thick slices) portobello mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup bottled pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup skinless, boneless, shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet corn kernels
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Lightly coat a round perforated pan with vegetable cooking spray, or put a pizza stone in the oven while it preheats. Place pizza dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll it into a 12-inch circle. Place dough on prepared pizza pan or stone, and bake for 5 minutes.
- 3. While the crust is baking, coat a small nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4–5 minutes or until softened and lightly browned; set aside.
- 4. Spread the pesto over warm crust, leaving a 1/2-inch edge. Sprinkle pepper evenly over crust, and top with chicken, corn, mushrooms, and goat cheese. Bake 12–15 minutes or until crust is cooked through and cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with basil. Cut into 8 wedges; serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes