This is what's for dinner tonight!
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and grated
- 4 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 6 clove(s) garlic peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup(s) reserved broth from bottom of chicken container
- 7 cup(s) water
- 8 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cup(s) spinach chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- 5 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- Get your onion and garlic peeled and chopped, your carrots peeled and grated and your celery chopped.
- Heat a large pot up over medium high heat. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil into it.
- When the oil is hot toss your chopped veggies into the pan. Cook them over medium high heat, stirring occasionally for about 5-8 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- . Take the lovely rotisserie chicken out of the package and set it on a plate
- Pour the broth that is left in the bottom of the chicken package into a large measuring cup. You should have about 1 cup of broth from the pan.
- Pull the skin off of the chicken, and take the meat off of the bones. Chop it up with a sharp knife.
- When your veggies are done cooking pour the broth from the chicken and 7 cups of hot water into the pot. Add 8 chicken bullion cubes and give it a nice stir.
- Add the chopped chicken
- and bring the soup to a boil.
- Open up the package of Gnocchi and pour it into the pot. Let the soup come to a boil again and allow the gnocchi to cook for about 3-4 minutes. The gnocchi will be cooked through when they float to the top of the broth. It should happen pretty fast.
- Chop yourself about 1 1/2 cups of spinach and toss it into the pot.
- Pour in 4 cups of Half and Half, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir it around a bit and let it come to a boil.
- 12. In a small bowl combine 1/4 C cold water and 5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Mix it well and pour it into the soup pot.
- 13. Bring the soup to a boil, while you stir. It will thicken as the soup reaches a boil.
- 14. Taste it and season it to your liking with salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes