Chicken & Fruit Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) vinegar
- 4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 8 cup(s) salad greens
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken breast
- 2 cup(s) chopped melon cantaloupe &/or honeydew
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts chopped, toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) feta cheese
- Whisk sour cream, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing in a small bowl. Add the mixed greens to the large bowl and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and top with chicken, melon, walnuts and feta. Drizzle each portion with 1 tablespoon of the reserved dressing.
- TIPS & NOTES
- Tips: To poach chicken breast: Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a medium skillet or saucepan and add lightly salted water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To toast chopped or sliced nuts, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Per serving: 248 calories; 11 g fat ( 4 g sat , 2 g mono ); 55 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein; 4 g fiber; 346 mg sodium; 371 mg potassium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmccloser and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken & Fruit Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads