Chicken & Fruit Salad
Chicken, melon, walnuts and feta top mixed salad greens for a refreshing summer salad. Use your favorite summer fruit in place of the melon if you wish
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) vinegar
- 4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 8 cup(s) salad greens
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken breast
- 2 cup(s) chopped melon cantaloupe &/or honeydew
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts chopped, toasted
- 1/4 cup(s) feta cheese
- Whisk sour cream, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing in a small bowl. Add the mixed greens to the large bowl and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and top with chicken, melon, walnuts and feta. Drizzle each portion with 1 tablespoon of the reserved dressing.
- TIPS & NOTES
- Tips: To poach chicken breast: Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a medium skillet or saucepan and add lightly salted water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To toast chopped or sliced nuts, heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Per serving: 248 calories; 11 g fat ( 4 g sat , 2 g mono ); 55 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein; 4 g fiber; 346 mg sodium; 371 mg potassium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmccloser and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken & Fruit Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads