1. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through crackers) in a shallow bowl. Combine buttermilk and egg whites in another shallow bowl, stirring with a whisk.
2. Heat canola oil in a cast-iron or other nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until oil shimmers.
3. Coat cube steaks with cracker mixture; dip in buttermilk mixture, then coat again in cracker mixture, pressing into steaks. Use all the cracker mixture.
4. Cook steaks until brown and crispy, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove steaks from pan, and place on a rack over a baking sheet.
5. To prepare gravy, place milk in a medium bowl. Whisk 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper into milk. Pour mixture into pan, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly and scraping pan to loosen browned bits, about 5 minutes or until gravy is thick. Serve gravy over steaks.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.