Chicken-Fried Steak Fingers with Creole Mustard Sauce
Yield: Makes 8 appetizer servings or 4 to 6 main dish servings
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- recipe Basic Marinade
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Creole Mustard Sauce
- Stir Cajun seasoning into Basic Marinade until blended.
- Place flank steak in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add marinade mixture. Seal and chill 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Cut steak in half lengthwise; cut halves diagonally across the grain into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
- Whisk together eggs and hot sauce. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Dip steak strips into egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 4 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry steak strips in batches 10 minutes or until golden. Serve with Creole Mustard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken-Fried Steak Fingers with Creole Mustard Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This