Amazing what you can do with few ingredients; so simple to make, but still lacking some flavor so.... 2nd time around I stir-fried thinly sliced leek along with onion, as well as add an extra tbsp of soy sauce. Much better!
Chicken Fried Rice with Vegetables
Why call for take out from your favorite Chinese restaurant when you can make this quick and easy chicken fried rice recipe at home? Use leftover rice and frozen vegetables to make this rice dish even easier.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 516
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 211mg
- Sodium: 593mg
- 1/2 (12 oz.) chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 (10 oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 3 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with soy sauce and sesame oil. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; set aside. Add vegetable oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in vegetables and cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high, stir in rice until incorporated and cooked through, 3 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, form a well in mixture. Add eggs and scramble within well just until soft. Then break apart and mix into rice; season with salt and pepper. Let cook undisturbed until a golden crust forms, about 1 minute. Turn rice with a spatula and cook other side. Repeat 2 or 3 times until rice is uniformly golden. Add chicken and stir to combine. Serve warm.
This recipe also appeared in the May 2006 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This