I substituted chicken tenderloins instead of thighs, which was equally good I think. However, the recipe needed more zip or hotness with the sweetness. More pepper or maybe a little ginger. I think I'll add a little ginger next time.
Chicken Fried Rice with Leeks and Dried Cranberries
Allow 4 hours to chill rice if you don't have leftovers.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 452
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Carbohydrate: 74g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 47.1mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 433mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups thinly sliced leek (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups cooked, chilled long-grain brown rice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan, swirling to coat. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt over chicken. Add chicken to pan, and sauté for 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the chicken from pan. Add leek, black pepper, and remaining 5/8 teaspoon salt to pan; sauté for 4 minutes or until leek is tender and golden. Add leek mixture to chicken.
- 2. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add rice, stirring well to coat rice with oil; cook, without stirring, 2 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Stir rice mixture; cook, without stirring, 2 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Stir in chicken mixture, cranberries, and sage. Add wine; cook for 2 minutes or until mixture is dry, stirring constantly.
Total time is 4 hr. 26 min. if you don't have leftover chilled rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes