My kids a a little picky and my wife is too. I made this one night and no one was too excited...until we had supper. I made a little extra for lunch the next day. There wasn't any left. We all loved it and it is now in our "rotation" for dinner each month.
Chicken Fried Rice
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Susan Vajaranant
This recipe uses leftover rice from Stuffed Peppers.
Yield: Serves 4
Cost per Serving: $2,50
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 447
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Sodium: 630mg
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 pound frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed, patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked brown rice from Stuffed Peppers
- 1. Toss chicken with 1 Tbsp. soy sauce. Place a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, then onion; stir-fry until onion starts to brown, about 1 minute. Add chicken; stir-fry until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Stir-fry vegetables for 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with chicken.
- 2. Add 1 Tbsp. oil, garlic and ginger to skillet; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add rice; cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken, vegetables and remaining soy sauce; cook 1 minute longer. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This