- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package small fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots or 4 medium carrots, cut into 2
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 3 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen sweet green peas
- Hot cooked rice
- Cook onion, mushrooms, and garlic in 3 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Peel a strip around each potato with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Place potatoes in a 4 1/2-quart electric slow cooker. Add carrots; sprinkle with poultry seasoning and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir well.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper over chicken. Brown chicken in large skillet in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove chicken from skillet and place, browned side up, over vegetables in slow cooker.
- Add wine to skillet, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Pour wine over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour. Reduce to LOW, and cook 6 hours.
- Combine flour and water, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture and peas to slow cooker; stir gently. Cover and cook on LOW 5 more minutes. Serve fricassee over rice or noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes