Chicken Francese, Lightened Up
Community Recipe from
- 4 large chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup(s) egg whites beaten
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1/2 lemon sliced thin
- 1/3 cup(s) white wine
- 15 ounce(s) low sodium chicken broth
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a bowl, and the beaten egg whites in another bowl.
- Heat a very large non stick pan over medium heat. When hot spray with cooking spray to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Lightly flour chicken, then dip in eggs and add to the hot pan a few at a time. Saute chicken 2-3 minutes on each side. When cooked, transfer onto a plate. Spray the pan again and repeat until all chicken has been cooked.
- Once all chicken is cooked, place the chicken broth in the bowl with 1 tablespoon of flour and whisk. Add to the pan along with the juice of the lemon, white wine, lemon slices, parsley and butter and simmer over medium heat for about 2 minutes so it reduces slightly and thickens. Turn off heat. Return chicken to the pan to combine with the sauce. Serve immediately.
- *discarded 1 tbsp flour so only calculated with 3 tbsp.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Francese, Lightened Up Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes