Just made it for the first time tonight. I made a lot (thought there would be leftovers) but the whole thing went. My son-in-law has a healthy appetite and said he would have had more if I had cooked it. It was delicious and now is added into favourite recipes.
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds) thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
- 4 Large Eggland's Best eggs
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine (optional)
- 1 cup low-sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf Parsley
- Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with salt and pepper. Mix with a fork to distribute evenly throughout.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of water. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat
Dredge both sides of the chicken in the seasoned flour and then dip them in the egg mixture to coat completely, letting the excess drip off.When the oil is hot, add the chicken and saute for 2 minutes on each side until golden, turning only once. Once done, move the chicken to a large platter in a single layer to keep them warm.
Slice 1/2 the lemon into this slices and cook them in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the wine (if using - or substitute water), chicken broth and juice from other 1/2 of the lemon and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
Roll the butter in some flour and add to the skillet, this will thicken the sauce. Stir to dissolve the flour. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the chicken back to the skillet. Place the lemon slices on top of the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with chopped parsley before serving.
Ready in 30 minutes, recipe by Eggland's Best
Per Serving: Calories 447; Fat 25g (53.5% calories from fat); Protein 41g; Carbohydrate 8g; Dietary Fiber trace ; Cholesterol 270mg; Sodium521mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes