Chicken Focaccia Sandwiches
These delicious chicken focaccia sandwiches make a great weeknight meal and take just minutes to prepare.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 421
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 586mg
- Calcium: 143mg
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 2 1/2 cups red bell pepper strips (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 10 ounce focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut each chicken breast half in half horizontally, and lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon salt over chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce heat to medium; add water. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add red onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, green onions, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bottom half of focaccia on a baking sheet; top with chicken. Arrange onion mixture evenly over chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with remaining bread; slice into 4 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes