- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 (12-ounce) round rosemary and onion focaccia
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 10 ounces)
- 3 (1-ounce) slices light provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 417
- fat 17.9 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- protein 15.3 g
- carbohydrate 42.1 g
- cholesterol 46 mg
- iron 3.6 mg
- sodium 876 mg
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fiber 3.8 g
- calcium 144 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook 4 minutes or until spinach wilts and liquid is absorbed.
Cut focaccia in half horizontally using a serrated knife; place bottom layer, cut side up, in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet. Arrange spinach mixture, bell pepper, chicken, and cheese evenly over bottom half of focaccia.
Combine remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Drizzle oil mixture evenly over cut side of focaccia top. Cover sandwich with top half of focaccia. Cover pan with foil.
Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet on top of foil; wrap handle of pan with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut sandwich into 6 wedges.