Chicken Fingers with Apple Butter-Peanut Sauce
The sauce for these chicken fingers is so good you'll want to dip into it again and again.
Yield: 10 appetizer servings
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Apple Butter-Peanut Sauce
- Cut chicken into 1/4" lengthwise strips. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken strips, seal bag, and shake to coat.
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish, stirring well. Combine breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Dip chicken strips in egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place in a lightly greased 13" x 9" pan; drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 18 to 20 more minutes or until done. Serve with Apple Butter-Peanut Sauce, using short wooden skewers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers