This was easy to make and very tasty. Definitely the best fajita recipe I've ever made. Next time will probably up the spiciness and use an iron skillet to give it a more caramelized flavor.
Chicken fajitas are a festive and easy choice for weeknight dinners. Set out chicken, vegetables, and assorted toppings, and let everyone fill his or her own tortillas. Use storebought rotisserie chicken to save even more time in the kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, or a combination, cored and sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder, or to taste
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) roasted whole chicken, chopped
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Toppings: salsa, sliced avocado or prepared guacamole, sour cream, and sliced green onions
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and salt, and cook 3 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder, and cook 1 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- 2. Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- 3. Whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 4 tablespoons lime juice, and 2 tablespoons cilantro in a small bowl; season with salt. Drizzle dressing over chicken; toss to coat. Arrange chicken, vegetables, and warm tortillas on platter. Serve with toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note