This was super tasty! If possible, I would give it 3.5 stars. I used pre-cooked chicken but otherwise followed all the steps. I found the spice blend a tad bland, so I added some salt to taste, chipotle chile powder, chopped jalapeno and a couple of spoonfuls of salsa. I also added some sliced radishes to the burritos. A very tasty meal; the feta crema definitely added something special.
Chicken Fajita Burritos with Feta Crema
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 633
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 46g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 9.9g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Sodium: 1051mg
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast halves (2 to 3), cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch (about 4) spring onions (with fat bulbs) or regular green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (about 10 in.), warmed
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1. Whisk together seasonings in a medium bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- 2. Stir sour cream, jalapeño, feta, and lime juice in a small bowl to make feta crema.
- 3. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan and cook chicken until browned and cooked through, turning pieces occasionally, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes and onions to pan with a squeeze of lime and stir to blend.
- 4. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas, top with cabbage and cilantro, then feta crema. Wrap up burrito-style and serve with more lime wedges.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This