To cut down on time and keep cleanup to a minimum, use kitchen shears to easily chop tomatoes while they're still in the can.
Prep: 1 minute; Cook: 14 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 118
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 535mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups coarsely chopped escarole (about 1 small head)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Combine tomatoes and broth in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Add chicken, escarole, and oil; cook 5 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note