Escabeche is a traditional Spanish poached fish dish. It's usually marinated for at least 24 hours (which almost pickles the vegetables) and served cold. Our chicken version does not marinate and is served warm.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 670mg
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Calcium: 64mg
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup drained sliced pickled jalapeño pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; set aside.
- . Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- . Add broth and next 4 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- . Remove and discard cinnamon stick and cloves. Stir in jalapeño pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note