- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup drained sliced pickled jalapeño pepper
- calories 318
- fat 7.3 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- protein 45 g
- carbohydrate 16.9 g
- cholesterol 105 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 670 mg
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- fiber 3.4 g
- calcium 64 mg
How to Make It
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; set aside.
. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
. Add broth and next 4 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
. Remove and discard cinnamon stick and cloves. Stir in jalapeño pepper.