We enjoyed this very much. I would skip the straining step as there were mo solids after processing.
Chicken Enchiladas with Spinach Cream Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 22.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 723mg
- Calcium: 205mg
- 2 poblano chiles
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion, divided
- 2 cups shredded ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons masa harina or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8-inch) corn tortillas
- Preheat broiler. Place chiles on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 10 minutes or until blackened, turning occasionally. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel chiles; cut in half lengthwise. Discard seeds and membranes; slice into strips to measure 2/3 cup.
- Place a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add 1 cup sliced onion; cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken and 1/3 cup chiles; spoon chicken mixture into a bowl.
- Steam spinach leaves, covered, 5 minutes or until wilted. Place spinach in a colander, pressing with the back of a spoon until barely moist.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wipe skillet with paper towels, and recoat with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup sliced onion and chopped green onions, and saute 3 minutes. Stir in ground cumin and minced garlic, and saute 30 seconds. Combine masa harina and broth. Add masa mixture, chopped cilantro, cream cheese, and salt to pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Place the cheese mixture, 1/3 cup chiles, and spinach ina food processor, and process until smooth. Strain spinach mixture through a colander into a bowl, and discard solids.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly among tortillas, and roll up. Pour 1/2 cup spinach sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange the filled tortillas on top of spinach sauce. Pour the remaining spinach sauce over tortillas. Cover and bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until enchiladas are thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes