These were OK. Good, but not outstanding. They could use a more flavorful cheese.
Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 327
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 493mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle salsa verde (such as Herdez brand)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 lime wedges
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Combine chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Reserve remaining salsa mixture.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a medium skillet. Working with one tortilla at a time, add tortilla to pan; cook 20 seconds or until moist, turning once. Remove tortilla; drain on paper towels. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. Place tortilla, seam-side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, broth, and chicken mixture.
- Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with queso fresco and chili powder. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note