These were OK. Good, but not outstanding. They could use a more flavorful cheese.
Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 327
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 493mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle salsa verde (such as Herdez brand)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 lime wedges
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Combine chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Reserve remaining salsa mixture.
- Bring broth to a simmer in a medium skillet. Working with one tortilla at a time, add tortilla to pan; cook 20 seconds or until moist, turning once. Remove tortilla; drain on paper towels. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. Place tortilla, seam-side down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, broth, and chicken mixture.
- Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with queso fresco and chili powder. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes