Chicken Enchiladas with green sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) margarine
- 12 ounce(s) Southwest-flavored chicken strips chopped
- about 1 cup(s) spicy salsa
- 28 ounce(s) green enchilada sauce
- 4 1/2 ounce(s) green chiles
- 8 tortillas, regular or medium but not burrito size
- shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Saute onion in margarine in saucepan until golden brown. The best flavor comes when the onion has been caramelized, but not burnt. Remove onions from pan. Add green enchilada sauce and green chiles to pan and heat until bubbly, stirring often. Meanwhile, toss chopped chicken with salsa. Stuff tortillas with chicken mixture and place face down in a 13 x 9 pan. Sprinkle onions over them, then pour over enchilada/chile sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kimberlykennedy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note