Chicken Enchiladas Salsa Verde
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 5 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 jalapeno peppers minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 7 ounce(s) salsa verde, canned
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes chopped, seeded
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, 1/3 less fat
- 12 corn tortillas fresh
- 2 ounce(s) cheddar cheese, reduced fat shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 15 minutes). Reduce heat to low; stir in whipping cream. Place pan over low heat.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Place chicken in a medium bowl. Add tomato and next 5 ingredients (through cream cheese) to chicken; toss. Dip each tortilla in sauce mixture for 10 seconds. Fill each tortilla with about 1/3 cup chicken mixture; roll up. Arrange filled tortillas, seam side down, in an 11 x 7inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon sauce over tortillas; top evenly with cheddar cheese. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Julianna Grimes, Cooking Light
- JANUARY 2012
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliejensen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes