Chicken Enchiladas Salsa Verde
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 5 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1 jalapeno peppers minced
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 7 ounce(s) salsa verde, canned
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes chopped, seeded
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, 1/3 less fat
- 12 corn tortillas fresh
- 2 ounce(s) cheddar cheese, reduced fat shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 15 minutes). Reduce heat to low; stir in whipping cream. Place pan over low heat.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Place chicken in a medium bowl. Add tomato and next 5 ingredients (through cream cheese) to chicken; toss. Dip each tortilla in sauce mixture for 10 seconds. Fill each tortilla with about 1/3 cup chicken mixture; roll up. Arrange filled tortillas, seam side down, in an 11 x 7inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon sauce over tortillas; top evenly with cheddar cheese. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Julianna Grimes, Cooking Light
- JANUARY 2012
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliejensen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note