- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavored oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Spicy Jack Cheese Sauce
- 3 roasted poblano peppers, cut into strips (See Roasted Peppers)
- Garnishes: tomatillo salsa, shredded pepper-Jack or Cheddar cheese, pepitas, fresh cilantro leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, cumin, and salt; sauté 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Stack tortillas on a plate, and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 60 seconds or until hot and pliable.
Pour 1/2 cup Spicy Jack Cheese Sauce into the bottom of a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch or 2-quart baking dish. Divide chicken mixture and poblano pepper strips evenly among tortillas; roll and arrange, seam sides down, in baking dish. Spoon remaining cheese sauce over enchiladas, and bake 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish, if desired.