- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (1/3 cup), softened
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat white cheddar cheese with jalapeño peppers (about 1 cup), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup commercial salsa verde
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 335
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 23.5 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- monofat 0.6 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 23.5 g
- carbohydrate 35 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 658 mg
- calcium 162 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cumin; sauté 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Combine chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir in onion mixture, 3 ounces cheddar cheese, pepper, and 1/2 cup broth.
Bring remaining 1/2 cup broth to a simmer in a medium skillet; remove from heat. Dip 1 tortilla in broth 1 to 2 seconds on each side or just until slightly softened. Place tortilla on work surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. Place tortilla, seam side down, in a 13 x 9inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, broth, and chicken mixture.
Pour salsa over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Kids Can Help: The kids can fill each tortilla, roll them up, and place them seam side down in the pan. Then they can top with the sauce and cheese.