These chicken enchiladas come together in no time. Serve with a salad and a batch of margaritas and you’ll have a killer combination.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 335
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 23.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calcium: 162mg
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (1/3 cup), softened
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat white cheddar cheese with jalapeño peppers (about 1 cup), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup commercial salsa verde
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cumin; sauté 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3. Combine chicken and cream cheese in a large bowl. Stir in onion mixture, 3 ounces cheddar cheese, pepper, and 1/2 cup broth.
- 4. Bring remaining 1/2 cup broth to a simmer in a medium skillet; remove from heat. Dip 1 tortilla in broth 1 to 2 seconds on each side or just until slightly softened. Place tortilla on work surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up. Place tortilla, seam side down, in a 13 x 9inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, broth, and chicken mixture.
- 5. Pour salsa over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Kids Can Help: The kids can fill each tortilla, roll them up, and place them seam side down in the pan. Then they can top with the sauce and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes