Great recipe. One of our favorite enchilada recipes.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 45 Minutes
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 (4.5-oz.) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Tomatillo Salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and green chiles; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Stir in chicken and next 3 ingredients, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheeses melt. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up tortillas.
- 2. Place rolled tortillas, seam sides down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Top with Tomatillo Salsa.
- To Make Ahead: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Uncover and proceed as directed in Step 3.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note