FABULOUS!!!!! One of the best enchilada recipes we've tried. In order to speed assembly we bought a roasted chicken. We added fresh garlic. And we used salsa instead of the tomatillo. (It was just easier to find at the end of the day.) The is already a favorite of ours. This would be good for a crowd for a casual dinner.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) jar tomatillo salsa
- Toppings: diced tomatoes, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange seam side down in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Coat tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together 8-ounce container sour cream and salsa. Spoon over hot enchiladas; sprinkle with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes