This is the best chicken enchilada recipe I've ever tried. I did make a few changes, only one cup of cheese in the filling for one. Baked it 25 minutes then put the sour cream/salsa sauce on and the other cup of cheese and baked an additional 15 minutes. Topped with all the goodies. It was soooooooo tasty. Be sure to use the pepper jack cheese in the filling if you like a kick.
More From Southern Living
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle green taco sauce
- Toppings: diced tomato, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives, chopped cilantro
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Coat tortillas with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together sour cream and taco sauce. Spoon over hot enchiladas, and sprinkle with toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note