Very good, but didn't look like the picture. Much soupier.
Chicken Enchilada Stack
Think outside the "dish." You can enjoy the flavor and texture of enchiladas in a slow cooker; just stack the tortillas instead of rolling them. We suggest lining your slow cooker with a slow-cooker bag so you can easily remove the stack from the cooker.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 295
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 30.5g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 764mg
- Calcium: 275mg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded poblano chile
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce with basil, garlic, and oregano
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen baby white and yellow corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 (8-inch) corn and flour blend tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, poblano chile, and garlic to pan; cook 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- 2. Stir in chile powder, tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Place half of tomato mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until almost smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture.
- 3. Coat a 5-quart round electric slow cooker with cooking spray; place 3 tablespoons tomato mixture in bottom of slow cooker. Combine remaining tomato mixture, chicken, corn, and beans.
- 4. Place one tortilla on sauce in slow cooker; pour 1 cup chicken mixture over tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Top with another tortilla. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken mixture, tortillas, and cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours or until cheese melts and edges are lightly browned. Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes