Chicken Enchilada Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 can(s) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) rotel
- 1 package(s) frozen corn
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bell peppers diced
- 1 can(s) enchilada sauce
- 2 whole(s) chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) monterry jack shredded
- Melt butter in saucepan over med- low heat. Stir flour; keep stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add chicken broth and milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep smooth; return to heat.
- Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and chicken broth mixture. Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth, Set aside.
- In a crock pot, combine beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of mixture.
- Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.
- Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tinavan12 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note