Chicken Enchilada Soup
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 can(s) black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) rotel
- 1 package(s) frozen corn
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bell peppers diced
- 1 can(s) enchilada sauce
- 2 whole(s) chicken breasts
- 1 cup(s) monterry jack shredded
- Melt butter in saucepan over med- low heat. Stir flour; keep stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add chicken broth and milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep smooth; return to heat.
- Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and chicken broth mixture. Gradually whisk in remaining milk until smooth, Set aside.
- In a crock pot, combine beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of mixture.
- Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.
- Cover, cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tinavan12 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes