Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 12 ounce(s) jumbo shell macaroni
- 3 large green and/or red sweet peppers chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Red onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken chopped
- 16 ounce(s) refried beans
- 3 tablespoon(s) taco seasoning mix
- 2 can(s) 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 8 ounce(s) Mexican-style four-cheese blend shredded
- 1 cup(s) Sliced green onions
- 2 cup(s) nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips crushed
- Avocado dip
- sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse; drain and set aside.
- 2. In skillet cook sweet peppers, onion, jalapeno, and 1/4 tsp. salt in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, beans, taco seasoning mix, and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup each of the cheese and green onions.
- 3. Divide filling among shells. Spread 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce in 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange shells atop sauce. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
- 4. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips and remaining green onions. Serve with avocado dip and/or sour cream. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes