Easy and tasty
Chicken Enchilada Nacho Bowls
At home, prepare the chicken mixture and freeze in a resealable plastic bag. In camp, just reheat on a camp stove. And, of course, you can use Fritos instead of tortilla chips in the recipe.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 772
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 45g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sodium: 1559mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- CHICKEN AND SAUCE
- 1 medium onion, cut into half-moons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 canned chipotle chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges and hot sauce
- 1. Make sauce: Sauté onion in oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, oregano, chile, and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until hot and slightly reduced, 4 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook until it's hot, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Assemble nachos: Divide chips among bowls, top with chicken mixture, cheese, lettuce, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes