Chicken Enchilada Dip
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
The corn tortillas cook into this dish and thicken it. You won't see them after they're cooked, but you will taste their authentic Mexican flavor.
Yield: Makes 8 Servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 2 (10-oz.) cans mild enchilada sauce
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas, torn into 3-inch pieces
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (12-oz.) package shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend, divided
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1. Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over bottom of a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. Add enough tortilla pieces to cover sauce.
- 2. Stir together chicken, sour cream, 2 cups cheese, and soup. Spread 2 cups chicken mixture over tortilla pieces. Top with tortilla pieces to cover. Drizzle with 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Repeat layers twice, ending with tortilla pieces and remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 3. Cover and cook on Low 4 hours. Place lettuce on plates; top with chicken, beans, and tomatoes. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note