Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe 5 pts
5 Pts Per Serv: 0 Minute
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) 18.5oz Progresso Light Southwesternstyle Vegetable Soup
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 ounce(s) cream cheese, fat free, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) instant uncooked brown rice
- 4 medium corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded cheese, cheddar, reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In 12 inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken and bell pepper over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until chicken begins to brown and bell pepper is crisp/tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cumin.
- Stir in soup. Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Stir in rice; reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook until rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir cream cheese into chicken mixture until well blended.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the refried beans on 1 tortilla; place tortilla, beans side up, in bottom of an ungreased 1 quart casserole.
- Top with 1 cup of chicken mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Repeat layers 2 times and then top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover; bake until mixture is hot and cheese is melted, about 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by InspiredCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note