Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This hearty TexMex dinner cooks in the speed oven in less than 30 minutes. (From Miele Recipes)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.75 pound(s) 5 Large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounce(s) can greeen chilies
- 23 Large Tomatoes, halfed, seeded, and diced
- 1 pound(s) Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 16 ounce(s) reduced fat sour cream
- 10 small (67") corn or flour tortillas, cut into 1" x 2" strips
- 16 to 17.5 ounce(s) tomatillo based salsa
- 1. Rinse chicken breasts in cold water and transfer to solid steam tray or other cooking container. Cook in steam oven at 212 F on CUSTOM or COOK mode just until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. When cool enough to handle, shred into thin strips.
- 2. Scatter half of the chicken evenly along the bottom of the speed ovens glass tray. Dollop half of the sour cream over the chicken. Stir salsa and chilies together in a small bowl; then pour half of this mixture over the sour cream. Next top with 1 cup of the cheese, followed by half of the tortilla strips.
- 3. Distribute 1 more cup of cheese over the tortillas. Repeat the layering with the remaining chicken, followed by the remaining sour cream and salsachili mixture. End by sprinkling on 1 more cup of cheese and the remaining tortilla strips.
- 4. Slide glass tray into center of speed oven. Select Bake program, followed by Combination Bake. Set microwave power to the highest, oven temperature to 400F, and duration for 15 minutes. Bake until cheese is melted and casserole is hot throughout.
- 5. Distribute remaining cheese and all of diced tomatoes over the hot casserole. Slide glass tray into oven, close to the upper broiling element. Change speed oven setting to Combination Broil, microwave power to full, and oven temperature to 400F. Set Duration for 5 minutes, cooking until the cheese is melted. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gellison and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note