- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson Vegetable Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 large = 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (29 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Puree
- 1 tablespoon Gebhardt Chili Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend (3 cups = 12 oz)
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 13- x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes, or until onions are crisp-tender. Stir in tomato puree, chili powder, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Layer 4 tortillas, half of the chicken, 2/3 cup of the cheese and 1/4 of the sauce in prepared dish. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 4 tortillas, remaining sauce and remaining 2/3 cup cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces to serve.