My husband and 8 year old daughter love this recipe. Try it! You won't be dissapointed.
Chicken, Eggplant, and Tomato Curry
"I like to serve this with chicken, eggplant and tomato curry dish with rice, and sometimes I sprinkle some extra crushed red pepper over the top to give it a little heat. It's a delicious, hearty, and satisfying meal. I enjoy how easy it is to prepare." CL Reader
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 30.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.3g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 451mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cups coarsely chopped eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1 2/3 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine curry powder, salt, and paprika in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken breast in the curry mixture.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and chicken.
- Add eggplant, onion, and bell pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Return chicken to pan. Add tomato juice, red pepper, and garlic; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note