Chicken Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is noted for its strands of shredded egg. To achieve this characteristic look and texture, make sure you blend the egg mixture well, and stir it slowly into the broth.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 203
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 810mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 3 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 2)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1. Combine broth and soy sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. While broth mixture comes to a boil, combine cornstarch, pepper, and water in small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk cornstarch mixture into broth mixture. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring frequently, 1 minute or until soup is slightly thickened.
- 2. Combine egg and egg white, stirring with a whisk until blended. Slowly add egg mixture to soup, stirring gently. Add chicken, green onions, and sesame oil; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- 3. Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls; garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Serve with: Asian Slaw
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note