Chicken & Dumplings
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole chicken rinsed
- 2 large (48 oz) boxes chicken broth
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1 onion diced
- garlic powder, S&P, crushed red pepper
- 10 flour tortillas cut into strips
- Put chicken, broth, lemon and onion in a large stock pot. Season with S&P and garlic powder. On high heat, bring up to a boil, then simmmer for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the lemon and chicken from the broth, let the chicken cool and take chicken meat off the bone.
- (If you have time, put the pot in the fridge to cool, so you can easily skim off the fat)
- Return the chicken meat back to the broth, along with red pepper and S&P to taste.
- Bring back up to a simmer.
- Add the tortilla strips to the pot. Let cook another 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CassandraNocera and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken & Dumplings Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes