Chicken and Dumplings
We used a deli-roasted chicken for this recipe. One chicken yields about 3 cups.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 (32-oz.) container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (10.2-oz.) can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- 1. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- 2. Place biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- 3. Return broth mixture to a low boil over medium-high heat. Drop strips, 1 at a time, into boiling broth. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes