Chicken Drumsticks with Apricot Glaze
Speed preparation by reducing the glaze while the chicken broils.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 drumsticks)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.6g
- Carbohydrate: 24.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 382mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 8 (4-ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup apricot spread (such as Polaner All Fruit)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper. Place chicken on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan. Broil chicken 12 minutes, turning once.
- While chicken cooks, combine apricot spread and remaining ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring frequently. Brush 1/4 cup apricot mixture evenly over chicken; broil 2 minutes. Brush remaining apricot mixture over chicken; broil 2 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes