- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (6-ounce) packages Martha White Cotton Country or Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 400°. Melt the butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat; cook the onion and celery, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove the vegetable mixture to a large bowl.
Pour the oil in the same skillet; place in the oven to heat for about 5 minutes.
Add the cornbread mix, chicken, corn, poultry seasoning, milk, and eggs to the vegetable mixture; blend well. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven; pour the batter into the hot skillet. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.