In the early part of the 20th century, chicken divan was the signature dish of the elegant Divan Parisien in New York’s Chatham Hotel. Years later, the Campbell Soup Company redeveloped the recipe for the back of the can of condensed cream of chicken soup. This version skips the can, which reduces the sodium.
More From Oxmoor House
1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 24.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.2g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Calcium: 162mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) container cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1.3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 2 large crowns), steamed
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Add wine. Bring to a boil; boil, uncovered, 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 3. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in stock and next 3 ingredients (through pepper). Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and let stand 3 minutes.
- 4. Stir in cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Stir in broccoli and chicken. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese over top of casserole. Sprinkle panko over cheese; coat panko with cooking spray. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over panko.
- 6. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 to 22 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note