Very tasty, but calorie-dense...so save it for special occassions if you're watching your calorie intake! It makes great leftovers, too. I didn't use the almonds, mostly just to save calories, and it still tasted very rich and delicious.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 458
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 29.9g
- Carbohydrate: 41.9g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 588mg
- Calcium: 424mg
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into (1-inch) pieces
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Cook broccoli in boiling water to cover 5 minutes; drain.
- 3. While broccoli cooks, place flour in a Dutch oven or large saucepan. Gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk; reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add butter, stirring with a whisk until melted. Add Parmesan cheese, next 4 ingredients (through pepper), and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheeses melt. Stir in broccoli, rice, and chicken.
- 4. Spoon rice mixture into a 9-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheddar cheese, and sprinkle with almonds. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 additional minutes or until bubbly and top is browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes