Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bunch(es) broccoli trimmed to 4 in. spears
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 5 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) well chilled heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) sherry (optional)_
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lb) cooked and sliced
- 1. In a large pan of boiling salted water, cook broccoli for 6 to 8 min. or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring for 3 min. Add broth and bring mixture to a boil. Cook on low, stirring for 10 min or until thick.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add t flour mixture along with optional sherry and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Arrange broccoli on a fame proof platter. Top with half the sauce. Stir 1/4 cup Parmesan into other half of sauce. Arrange chicken on broccoli, pour remaining sauce over top, and sprinkle mixture with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- 5. Broil, about 6 inches from heat, for 1 min. or until sauce is golden and bubbling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dianedavid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note