Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split, boned, and skinned
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, cooked
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet; brown chicken in butter on all sides. Add water; cover, and cook over low heat 15 minutes or until chicken is tender. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan; add onion, and sauté 2 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Gradually add half-and-half and wine; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange asparagus spears in 4 equal portions in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish.
- Place a chicken breast half on each portion of asparagus spears. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes