- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into (1-inch) pieces
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- calories 458
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 19 g
- satfat 8 g
- monofat 5.8 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 29.9 g
- carbohydrate 41.9 g
- fiber 5.1 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 588 mg
- calcium 424 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook broccoli in boiling water to cover 5 minutes; drain.
While broccoli cooks, place flour in a Dutch oven or large saucepan. Gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil, stirring with a whisk; reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Add butter, stirring with a whisk until melted. Add Parmesan cheese, next 4 ingredients (through pepper), and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheeses melt. Stir in broccoli, rice, and chicken.
Spoon rice mixture into a 9-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheddar cheese, and sprinkle with almonds. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 additional minutes or until bubbly and top is browned.