Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 container from 1 (4.66-oz.) package concentrated chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 to 3 minutes of cook time.
- 2. Meanwhile, gradually whisk milk into flour in a bowl until smooth. Sauté shallots in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add wine, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced by half. Add milk mixture, and cook, whisking constantly, 7 to 8 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Whisk in Parmesan cheese and next 3 ingredients until blended.
- 3. Drain pasta mixture well. Remove shallot mixture from heat, and stir in chicken, and hot cooked pasta mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Place dish on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note