Made as directed except added extra lettuce. 6 ears of corn and 6 beets make WAY more than 2 cups each (1/3 cup for each serving!) I only used 3 beets and had 2/3 cup per serving. I have awhole container of corn to use up now. (I'm thinking Confetti Quesadillas :) Next time, I will only use three ears of corn and three beets, and a small shallot.
Chicken Dinner Salad
When it was Linda Stoneking's turn to host her supper club, she decided to incorporate in-season corn as a theme to challenge her guests. Her salad creation was the favorite that night. Yogurt in the marinade tempers the heat from the Sriracha and keeps this dish family-friendly.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 21.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 614mg
- Calcium: 175mg
- 6 medium beets
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 ears shucked corn
- 6 cups packed fresh spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 6 tablespoons chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour or until tender. Drain. Cool beets slightly. Trim off beet roots and stems; rub off skins. Chop beets.
- 2. While beets cook, place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a small heavy skillet. Combine yogurt and Sriracha in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Combine 2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and next 3 ingredients (through shallot) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 5. Place chicken on grill rack; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Cut chicken into 1-inch strips.
- 6. Brush remaining 1 tablespoon oil over corn; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill 10 minutes or until lightly charred, turning corn occasionally. Cool. Cut kernels from ears of corn.
- 7. Place 1 cup spinach on each of 6 plates; top each serving with 3 ounces chicken, 1/3 cup beets, 1/3 cup corn, 1 cheese slice, and 1 tablespoon pecans. Drizzle 1 tablespoon dressing over each salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note